Monday, August 1, 2016

My Review of Luckiest Girl Alive

Luckiest Girl AliveLuckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Great Book, Poor Marketing

I really enjoyed this book (I finished it in a single day!), however it wasn't what I was expecting. Mainly because it was compared to Gone Girl, yet it is nothing like Gone Girl. It is snarky and delightfully vicious, but it isn't the mind f**k that Gone Girl was. And that's okay.
It did deal with some serious subject matter and had some interesting twists. The story alternates with present and flashbacks and while that is normally taboo, they say you can break any rule if you do it well, and in my opinion she did a fairly decent job with it.
I think the problem with the reviews on here is that this book is being marketed to the wrong audience, and you can blame the publishers for that, but if you enjoyed The Devil Wears Prada, The Nanny Diaries, or anything by Lianne Moriarty, then I think you should give this book a chance.

And for the record, I loved The Nanny Diaries, but hated the ending. The ending of this book, however, left me feeling satisfied.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment